Search found 17646 matches

by Mo
Yesterday, 07:42
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Iran (so far away)
Replies: 531
Views: 32449

Re: Iran (so far away)

Probably because the US and Israel are less likely to fuck with them and therefore they need to do less petty ante shit.
by Mo
13 Sep 2019, 18:51
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Twitter!
Replies: 2715
Views: 144584

Twitter!

What person in an $800k house in DC has a chef? Stephen Miller?

by Mo
13 Sep 2019, 16:44
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Silicon Valley Disrupts Its Own Ass
Replies: 255
Views: 21195

Silicon Valley Disrupts Its Own Ass

The cool Regus IPO shitshow has been quite a sight to see
by Mo
13 Sep 2019, 08:33
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Intellectualism: Dark and Webbed
Replies: 408
Views: 13170

Re: Intellectualism: Dark and Webbed

If taken at face value they were always trying to thread a needle. It doesn’t appear to have worked out. Right Think is “everything other than our view is racist, sexist, white supremacist etc”. Defining a brand as “not that” is fraught. It's like Gab. If you say you want to be the platform for all...
by Mo
13 Sep 2019, 06:57
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Dancing With the Dems
Replies: 205
Views: 7498

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Hugh Akston wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 22:36
Taktix® wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 22:21
OMG Biden has a proposal to partition Afghanistan...
Name me one time when an imperial foreign power carving up the Middle East like a crown roast ended badly.
The good thing is, Afghanistan is in Central Asia
by Mo
12 Sep 2019, 18:25
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: the entirely civil and thoughtful israel thread
Replies: 344
Views: 28106

Re: the entirely civil and thoughtful israel thread

Oh yeah, Israel would never conduct spying operations inside the US. That’s totally believable. By the way, what’s Jonathan Pollard up to these days.

https://politi.co/2ZXxEgS
by Mo
12 Sep 2019, 17:42
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Iran (so far away)
Replies: 531
Views: 32449

Re: Iran (so far away)

If China really wanted to stop DPRK from having nukes, they would have stopped them. They probably are not happy, but not pissed about it. I doubt this. NK is one of those Frankenstein clients that nations regret setting up and finds they cannot control. China could pretty easily cut off quite a bi...
by Mo
12 Sep 2019, 17:40
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Rand Paul.....sigh.
Replies: 1222
Views: 69273

Re: Rand Paul.....sigh.

Leave it to a Cheney to make Rand Paul look sympathetic
by Mo
12 Sep 2019, 17:38
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Whither the GOP? (post-Trump edition)
Replies: 132
Views: 9429

Re: Whither the GOP? (post-Trump edition)

I haven’t seen those. Were they at a Veterans’ Day memorial or something like that?
by Mo
12 Sep 2019, 09:44
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Iran (so far away)
Replies: 531
Views: 32449

Re: Iran (so far away)

https://twitter.com/Brasco_Aad/status/1169208741268508672?s=20 I wonder if this will have an effect on Iran's nuclear program. I'm not sure if China wants to deal with the instability a nuclear Iran would cause. Because their history of not supporting unstable nations nuclear ambitions has been so ...
by Mo
12 Sep 2019, 09:21
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Mo's moderately interesting sci/tech thread
Replies: 863
Views: 51194

Re: Mo's moderately interesting sci/tech thread

dhex wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 05:51
But Warren space ferns means we could one day grow space weed.

The thc count would be out of this world.
When did dhex start making dad jokes?
by Mo
12 Sep 2019, 01:59
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Orange is the new President
Replies: 6921
Views: 251963

Re: Orange is the new President

Tax cuts are a "sugar rush"? Growth in 14-15 was from a much lower starting point. Tax cuts into a steep deficit near the top of the business cycle is definitely a sugar rush. Basically the only output that came from those tax cuts was stock buybacks, business investment following the tax cuts has ...
by Mo
11 Sep 2019, 18:32
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Orange is the new President
Replies: 6921
Views: 251963

Orange is the new President

So that’s a, “I don’t know, but the teevee said it.” Yes, it’s totally less onerous to have the FCC come after your company because Trump doesn’t like what your company says about the president. And the EPA regs have done nothing to stave off coal plants shutting down (and more have shut down under ...
by Mo
11 Sep 2019, 17:48
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Iran (so far away)
Replies: 531
Views: 32449

Re: Iran (so far away)

https://twitter.com/Brasco_Aad/status/1169208741268508672?s=20 I wonder if this will have an effect on Iran's nuclear program. I'm not sure if China wants to deal with the instability a nuclear Iran would cause. Because their history of not supporting unstable nations nuclear ambitions has been so ...
by Mo
11 Sep 2019, 17:39
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Orange is the new President
Replies: 6921
Views: 251963

Re: Orange is the new President

Oddly, I don't 'blame' Trump for the possibility of a recession: A majority of Americans think a recession will strike in the next year — and they're blaming Trump's trade war Americans have grown increasingly concerned that the trade war with China will tip the economy into a recession within the ...
by Mo
11 Sep 2019, 16:52
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Whither the GOP? (post-Trump edition)
Replies: 132
Views: 9429

Re: Whither the GOP? (post-Trump edition)

I’m glad that the guys at NRO have finally found the line that Trump crosses that is causing them to criticize him more thoroughly. It must be the corrupt self-dealing or the politicization of NOAA (probably not). Let me check what it is... It’s firing John Bolton, the legit best decision he’s made ...
by Mo
11 Sep 2019, 04:48
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Orange is the new President
Replies: 6921
Views: 251963

Re: Orange is the new President

Oddly, I don't 'blame' Trump for the possibility of a recession: A majority of Americans think a recession will strike in the next year — and they're blaming Trump's trade war Americans have grown increasingly concerned that the trade war with China will tip the economy into a recession within the ...
by Mo
10 Sep 2019, 18:16
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Money for Nothing: the Universal Basic Income
Replies: 644
Views: 18302

Re: Money for Nothing: the Universal Basic Income

Unclear to me which way it would go because it depends on how people value marginal increases in purchsaing power vs marginal buffers from rent too damn high. A flat UBI basically plays out like you get some amount of money to stay put but effectively more money to move. The difference between valu...
by Mo
10 Sep 2019, 13:42
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Twitter!
Replies: 2715
Views: 144584

Re: Twitter!

Oh you totally owned her, he said God not Jesus. A Christian totally believes they’re different things.

by Mo
10 Sep 2019, 12:25
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Orange is the new President
Replies: 6921
Views: 251963

Re: Orange is the new President

National Security Advisors for this administration should just wear red shirts from here on out.
by Mo
10 Sep 2019, 09:06
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Orange is the new President
Replies: 6921
Views: 251963

Re: Orange is the new President

The Turnberry thing looks like it may have legs
by Mo
10 Sep 2019, 09:05
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: In the Not Too Distant Future...
Replies: 103
Views: 7040

Re: In the Not Too Distant Future...

+1 to Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Partially because of the Patrick Swayze Christmas song.
by Mo
09 Sep 2019, 19:39
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Brexit: what say ye?
Replies: 512
Views: 21148

Brexit: what say ye?

So I asked some of my coworkers why Corbyn is still leader of Labour and none of them had a good answer either. Best case is Lib Dems getting a plurality. I mean, all due respect, but a group of Londoners who work in the management divisions of the financial services sector is not exactly the peopl...
by Mo
09 Sep 2019, 18:25
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Orange is the new President
Replies: 6921
Views: 251963

Re: Orange is the new President

If this is the most credible primary challenger, I totally get why all these states are canceling their Republican primaries.

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit ... ary-trump/
by Mo
09 Sep 2019, 11:33
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Food
Replies: 4801
Views: 245815

Re: Food

Warren wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 22:45
dhex wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 21:04
That's half the fun of spicy food dude.
What's the other half?
Your eyes watering and nose running when you poop.