Search found 16330 matches

by Warren
Yesterday, 22:17
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Shamelessly Currying Favor with Ellie
Replies: 3863
Views: 219148

Re: Shamelessly Currying Favor with Ellie

JD wrote:
Yesterday, 11:37
Are you looking for a pet who requires a shit ton of attention? One who only likes to be pet in very specific places...
What? Like the back seat of a Volkswagen?

C'mon we were all thinking it.
by Warren
Yesterday, 22:10
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

Team I Celebrated Ventilation because yes fuck that guy. The lengths you have to go to ignore actual monstrous behavior when you write that description ... your view of moral high ground is questionable. The constitution is a little fuzzy on how monstrous someone has to be before he forfeits his da...
by Warren
Yesterday, 22:07
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Elizabeth Warren's "Accountable Capitalism Act"
Replies: 56
Views: 640

Re: Elizabeth Warren's

There’s a lot of giving unwarranted grace to political actors. It’s not kinda almost a good idea if we can figure it out it’s a bad idea in its bones. Business existence at the whim of regulators is bad bad bad. Write a law call it a crime to violate it prosecute individuals. Improve sanction regim...
by Warren
Yesterday, 22:04
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

People who stand left on escalators. On a down escalator that never, ever ends. With someone playing music they don't like immediately behind them. People who stand left on escalators. huh Escalator etiquette says, if you don't want to walk down as you ride, you stand on the right so people in a hu...
by Warren
Yesterday, 21:58
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1153
Views: 38903

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Number 6 wrote:
Yesterday, 18:00
mentation
I learned a new word.
by Warren
Yesterday, 16:29
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1153
Views: 38903

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah lunch. The more I read your argument the more it sounds like "But I really really don't like him". Was that not clear? The thing is that he's disliked for his actions, not for the color of his skin or the content of his britches. If you don't want to do business with someone because they perso...
by Warren
Yesterday, 16:13
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

nicole wrote:
Yesterday, 15:36
People who stand left on escalators.
huh
by Warren
Yesterday, 14:50
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

People who talk at the theater.
by Warren
Yesterday, 14:44
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1153
Views: 38903

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah lunch. The more I read your argument the more it sounds like "But I really really don't like him". Was that not clear? The thing is that he's disliked for his actions, not for the color of his skin or the content of his britches. If you don't want to do business with someone because they perso...
by Warren
Yesterday, 10:53
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: The Lust to Acquire
Replies: 1429
Views: 68453

Re: The Lust to Acquire

Tuco wrote:
Yesterday, 06:17
You're gonna love it. Turn up the volume, turn up the gain, you only live once.
*twwwweeeeeeeeeeeet*
YOLO violation. Five comment penalty.
by Warren
Yesterday, 10:47
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

The problem was more that W was a well-meaning fool. (Like many a POTUS before him.) Yes, he lied to get the war in Iraq, but he really thought he could nation-build in Afghanistan and Iraq. The problem with the well-meaning fool diagnosis, is that he campaigned hard against nation building. He kne...
by Warren
Yesterday, 10:38
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1153
Views: 38903

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah lunch. The more I read your argument the more it sounds like "But I really really don't like him". Was that not clear? The thing is that he's disliked for his actions, not for the color of his skin or the content of his britches. If you don't want to do business with someone because they perso...
by Warren
Yesterday, 00:32
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1153
Views: 38903

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah lunch. The more I read your argument the more it sounds like "But I really really don't like him".
by Warren
17 Aug 2018, 23:41
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Inequality
Replies: 1327
Views: 43656

Re: Inequality

I'm saying hunter-gatherers were too foolish to invent modern medicine and birth control Actually the birth control thing might not be totally correct. There is some evidence that h/g peoples had various ways - some conscious and intentional, some not - of controlling their population. Later age of...
by Warren
17 Aug 2018, 23:36
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

A world where guilt is established by evidence and a jury of peers rather than big talk and a disposition matrix; and where compassion and restraint are respected because retributive violence doesn't bring people back from the dead. Ah right, Fantasyland. Although Firefly never made it to season 2 ...
by Warren
17 Aug 2018, 20:50
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

First, the warfare mindset despite the lack of any formal declaration thereof, and in spite of the reality that the dreaded enemy who supposedly declared war on us is a loose confederation of squabbling groups totaling no more than a few thousand people who pose no existential threat to the US or i...
by Warren
17 Aug 2018, 20:38
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Marriage is Totally Gay
Replies: 1153
Views: 38903

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Yeah I don't know. That seems like a distinction without a difference. Cocksuckers come in a variety of race, gender, religions, etc.
by Warren
17 Aug 2018, 20:21
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: I just don't get it
Replies: 2856
Views: 90820

Re: I just don't get it

Never count a Human as dead until you see his body. And even then you can make a mistake.
— Lady Margot Fenring, quoting a Bene Gesserit aphorism
by Warren
16 Aug 2018, 14:26
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: This is the thread for people who died, died.
Replies: 2223
Views: 100805

Re: This is the thread for people who died, died.

nicole wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 10:01
Aretha Franklin
My musician friend thought she was overrated but I respected her.
by Warren
14 Aug 2018, 20:37
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Random Observations C.A (306 pages is enough)
Replies: 530
Views: 18464

Re: Random Observations C.A (306 pages is enough)

And what's up with the bizarre "in my voice" and "through my name" phrasings he uses? Is the guy actually fucking insane, or is this just another case of "how stupid people think smart people talk"? The latter. The number of times I've had to hear "on my own behalf" in my line of work... That's how...
by Warren
14 Aug 2018, 19:23
Forum: The Joys of Life
Topic: Home $weet Home
Replies: 1567
Views: 63889

Re: Home $weet Home

Ellie wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 18:47
Today I'm emailing him about installing a composting toilet in our hall closet
:roll:
by Warren
14 Aug 2018, 17:57
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Inequality
Replies: 1327
Views: 43656

Re: Inequality

It's hard for me to generalize in my field, because my company has been "40 is fine but a few more isn't usually a problem." There have been times where they say no OT, because of project budget. Our company doesn't make many employees strict salary tho. I get paid straight time OT, although I am c...
by Warren
14 Aug 2018, 17:07
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Cooling down: a more palatable thread?
Replies: 37
Views: 494

Re: Cooling down: a more palatable thread?

the french have perfectly nice pasteries but if i have to eat a dessert i'd pick egyptian and greek well ahead of the french, Wait, what. No. Stop. The whole thing is phyllo and that's pretty much it. Sometimes layered with so much honey you can't lift it sometimes stuffed with cheese. I mean ok bu...
by Warren
14 Aug 2018, 13:14
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Inequality
Replies: 1327
Views: 43656

Re: Inequality

Mo wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 12:48
While not 70 hour expectation, I feel in office ~50 hours (8:30-5:30) is table stakes in most places, then layer on respond to email expectation and 40 is a bargain.
Check. ~50 week in week out to keep your job. 60+ if you want to climb the ladder.
by Warren
14 Aug 2018, 11:07
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: Cooling down: a more palatable thread?
Replies: 37
Views: 494

Re: Cooling down: a more palatable thread?

Aresen wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 23:57
Good baklava is hard to find.
This didn't use to be true for me, but it is now. Roch NY and Detroit MI both have large Greek populations and good baklava was available.
Here in MO, I've actually managed to find three excellent Greek restaurants but they all have crappy baklava.